We have developed a training programme for the data protection and information governance apprenticeship standard and are looking to create a focused cohort specific to the NHS starting in November 2023. The materials and syllabus for this apprenticeship have been designed in partnership with employers, NHS leads and a leading data protection specialist, Act Now Training Limited. Typical job roles which are suitable for this apprenticeship include: data protection lead, data protection manager, information compliance officer, information governance lead, and privacy officer.
Please note: an apprentice can be existing member of the team who is looking to upskill or is wanting a new challenge. Or it could be someone who is a new member to the team.
Express your interest by contacting a member of our team
The main responsibilities of a data protection/information governance apprentice to your Trust is as follows:
- Assisting the Trust in its compliance with data protection and information governance best practice and associated laws and regulations
- Providing regulatory and technical advice to key stakeholders
- Improving data management
- Supporting the senior team in the development and delivery of strategic and operational information requirements
- Manage the coordination of information requests such as data subject rights, freedom of information and environmental information regulations.
- Overseeing compliance with information and records management
- Assisting in the maintenance and administration of the Trusts’ information and governance framework such as corporate information management, records of processing activity, developing privacy notices, conducting information audits and data breach investigations.
For more information please contact Paula Clark at Damar Training. All details are provided below.
The Damar Difference
Damar Training are at the forefront of this new apprenticeship qualification and are going to be one of just a small handful of providers offering this programme:
- We have a foundation of delivering legal and regulatory content from our existing programmes
- We have extensive relationships within the legal and public sectors
- We will apply our blended delivery model, with our tried-and-tested online platforms, that allow us to deliver on a flexible and national basis
Meet Paula Clark, Business Development Manager
“I’ve been working within the apprenticeship sector for over 10 years. I started out as an assessor before moving into management, and then into Business Development. I enjoy developing an organisations understanding of apprenticeships whilst seeing their students gain a valuable qualification. My specialism is within the NHS sector, where I have had the pleasure to lead on the development of the data protection and information governance practitioner apprenticeship within Damar Training.”
Business Development Manager
Contact number: 07934 295079