Interested in the data protection and information governance apprenticeship?
The Damar Difference
Damar Training are at the forefront of this new apprenticeship qualification and are going to be one of just a small handful of providers offering this programme:
- We have a foundation of delivering legal and regulatory content from our existing programmes
- We have extensive relationships within the legal and public sectors
- We will apply our blended delivery model, with our tried-and-tested online platforms, that allow us to deliver on a flexible and national basis
Data Protection Training Delivery Model
Local and national employers will be able to access our 100% work-based training delivery model.
As with our other apprenticeships, this programme will be delivered via group and one-to-one (online) visits and workshops. Each session will have a clear objective and outcome, relevant content, demonstration and practice opportunity. Regular feedback will be provided throughout the course and post-training content will be provided for extra learning and development.
The usual eligibility criteria for apprentices will apply, such as the apprentice must work more than 50% of their time in England and the apprenticeship must allow the individual to gain substantive new skills, knowledge and/or behaviours.
Employers that pay the Apprenticeship Levy are able to pay all of the training costs from their Apprenticeship Levy account.
Employers that do not pay the levy, as well as large employers who have spent their levy budget, pay just 5% of the overall cost, with the government paying the balance. For employers with fewer than 50 employees the 5% contribution is waived for apprentices aged 16-18.
There is never any cost to the apprentice, although apprentices’ salaries may reflect the investment being made by the employer.
The Benefits of Data Protection and Information Governance Apprenticeships
The main responsibilities of a data protection apprentice can bring many benefits to your organisation:
- Assisting the organisation in its compliance with data protection and information governance best practice and associated laws and regulations
- Providing regulatory and technical advice to key stakeholders
- Improving data management
- Supporting the senior team in the development and delivery of strategic and operational information requirements
- Manage the coordination of information requests such as data subject rights, freedom of information and environmental information regulations.
- Overseeing compliance with information and records management
- Assisting in the maintenance and administration of the organisations’ information and governance framework such as corporate information management, records of processing activity, developing privacy notices, conducting information audits and data breach investigations.
Solicitor apprenticeships. The next stage and why Damar and BARBRI are leading the way
By Damar Training Managing Director, Jonathan Bourne Many of the best lawyers I have met do not have a “traditional” lawyer’s background. They went to …
Nurturing future talent
“Having completed my apprenticeship I know it’s not just a qualification, it has given me skills, knowledge and confidence that will benefit me throughout my …
More tips when applying for apprenticeships vacancies
Many employers offer apprenticeship vacancies, from large organisations to small businesses, so when you are applying an apprenticeship opportunity it’s important to consider your career …