Job Description: Business Development Manager
Department: Business Development
As a member of Damar’s business development team, you will sell the benefits of apprenticeships to employers and help them plan and manage apprenticeship programmes that meet their organisational needs and develop the skills of their people. You will be happy working autonomously and to agreed targets.
- Location: As set out in your terms and conditions of employment
- Normal hours of work: As set out in your terms and conditions of employment
- Reporting to: Managing Director
The contents of this job description are not exhaustive. You may also be asked to perform other related duties relevant to the level of your role to meet the ongoing needs of our business.
- Generate new business through existing client relationships
- Develop new client relationships and new business
- Proactively making calls and driving up new business pipelines
- Working closely with programme managers and training team managers to ensure that our delivery meets business objectives
- Demonstrate strong product knowledge to clients
- Manage the recruitment of apprentices by your employers
- Promote the benefits to employers of apprenticeships for existing staff
- Actively networking and attending client or learner engagement events
- Achieve and exceed monthly targets set
- Maintain accurate and up to date client records.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both in writing and face to face/by telephone
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with CRM systems
- The ability to plan work and to exceed set targets.
- Strong product knowledge including Apprenticeship Standards and Funding
- Business to business sales experience
- Track record of achieving results in a target-driven sales environment.
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Enjoy working towards targets and take pride in exceeding them
- Be professional, personable and approachable
- Be a team player
- Flexible with the ability to work around changing business needs
- To comply with the requirements of our Employee Handbook and policy documents
- To promote the equality of opportunity within our organisation
- To demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement of all roles at Damar
- Completion of all Damar compulsory (business-wide or team-specific) training.
How to apply:
If you require further information or wish to apply for this role, please contact our careers department. If you are applying for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com